WOW!!! I won my first blog award. Jan from Thread Garden honored me with the award. Go check out her great stitching.
Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favourite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Five of my favorite blogs to read.
1. Debbie from Debbie's Cross Stitch
2. Jen from Crafty Imaginings by Jen
3. McKenna from Chic Crafting
4. Mia from Positivity - Positiivisuutta
5. Lynn from Never A Dull Moment
Five random facts about me:
1. I am a very very stubborn person.
2. I am 62 - my husband is 41 and we have been married for 19 years. (He didn't marry me for my looks or money) Must of been the stubborness.
3. When my mom was 8 months pregnant she got sick. She went to the hospital and went to sleep and never woke up. The doctors said if I had been in her a minute longer I would not have survived.
4. My eye sight, hearing and breast never fully developed on my right side.
5. I am right handed, but do these things with my left hand: deal and play cards - count money (was a cashier at an Indian casino and fought with them for months because of that) - as a child I played Jacks left handed - and my favorite, I wash dishes right handed except for silverware and cooking utensils.
I know you all wanted to know this about me. lol Please go take a look at these great blogs and say hi.