WOW!!! I won my first blog award. Jan from Thread Garden honored me with the award. Go check out her great stitching.
Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favourite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Five of my favorite blogs to read.
1. Debbie from Debbie's Cross Stitch
2. Jen from Crafty Imaginings by Jen
3. McKenna from Chic Crafting
4. Mia from Positivity - Positiivisuutta
5. Lynn from Never A Dull Moment
Five random facts about me:
1. I am a very very stubborn person.
2. I am 62 - my husband is 41 and we have been married for 19 years. (He didn't marry me for my looks or money) Must of been the stubborness.
3. When my mom was 8 months pregnant she got sick. She went to the hospital and went to sleep and never woke up. The doctors said if I had been in her a minute longer I would not have survived.
4. My eye sight, hearing and breast never fully developed on my right side.
5. I am right handed, but do these things with my left hand: deal and play cards - count money (was a cashier at an Indian casino and fought with them for months because of that) - as a child I played Jacks left handed - and my favorite, I wash dishes right handed except for silverware and cooking utensils.
I know you all wanted to know this about me. lol Please go take a look at these great blogs and say hi.
How great that you were chosen for the Liebster Blog award! Very interesting facts about yourself, especially the bimanual dishwashing techniques! LOL. Thanks for choosing me for an award, too.
Wow very interesting facts. So sorry about your mother.
Congrats on the winning and, now, I know a little more about you!
Here is a silly question... How does one know if one is washing dishes left handed or right handed? Is it the hand with the dish or the scrubber? Hmmmmm
well done on getting the award :) love the facts about you .. coooooo I have a hard enough time dealing cards with my right hand ... and just had to laugh at chris's question ..lol love mouse xxxx
Congratulations on your award... Random facts such as the ones you've shared are always interesting...they are the little things that most would not know unless always around you and really observant. Good job on 19 years too. LOL
Wow, your facts were so interesting! My daughter is ambidextrous - now I want to see how she does the washing up. My aunt had a similar condition to you by the way - she is one of the strongest people I know. X
Congrats on your award!
I'm so happy to get this award from you. Thank you so much <3
And congratulations on receiving it. I'll have to get back on this during the week to figure out who I want to give it to :D
Great stitchings you've done! Love to see them!!
Thanks for thinking of me when you passed this award on. :)
Thank you so much for thinking of me!!!! I will post the award this wknd!
and good for you for snagging a younger man!!!!! WOOHOO!
The left and right handed thing is so trippy! (but cool!) Why would the casino fight with you about that?
Well done on the award. I love the interesting things that we didn't know about you- very very sad about your mum. Love your left hand right hand facts ;0). Thank you for sharing such personal things sbout you and your life ;0)
Post a Comment