CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Friday, July 21, 2017

July Gifted Gorgeouness

Hi Blogger Friends.  I'm late as usual posting for GG.  This is being hosted by Jo.  We all have projects that have been gifted to us or pieces that we are doing as gifts.  The magazine was gifted to me by our wonderful hostess.  I finished mini London and started mini New York.  The last one in the set.  The bottom fabric is the same color as the top one.



New York has a lot of large sections of color so I plan on getting it done in the next few months.  IF I do I will start Marie Antoinette for this SAL which will probably take me about 10 years to complete.

The weather turned nasty hot again and my 4 month headache is really beginning to agitate me.  Needless to say, I spend a lot of time laying on the bed with the AC and fan on.  I have finished a small that I'll post at the end of the month.  I have also been working on Hatter.  I only have about 6000 stitches left but when I am only managing maybe a 100 stitches a day its going to take me forever to finish.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such sweet comments.   Linda

16 comments:

LeShawn said...

Mini London looks great. I hope you are resting and getting better by the day.

Shelly said...

Yay for finishing Mini London! Hope your headaches lessen soon. It's no fun stitching with a headache and it being hot.

Carol said...

Very nice finish, Linda--I do love those colors :) I hope you enjoy your New York piece!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

London looks fantastic. It's nice to see Lady Liberty appearing. Can't wait for an update on Hatter. He is one of my favorite piece that you are stitching. Have a great weekend! Hope your headache feels better soon. --Andrea

Justine said...

Hurray for your sweet finish Linda! The New York one is off to a great start with the Statue of Liberty.
Hope the weather cools down soon and you can stitch some more.

Rachel said...

Your cities look lovely, Linda. I've just returned to one of mine and am enjoying it immensely.
Sorry to hear you're feeling really poorly again. 2017 hasn't been a good year for your health. Hopefully cooler weather will return soon. :)

Vickie said...

Congrats on London Linda. :) I am sad to hear about the headaches. I have been suffering with daily headaches with no let up for a year and a half. Have you tried things with your doctor?

Sally said...

Your finish looks great Linda as does your start.

I hope you get rid of your headache soon. They are no fun at all.

Faith... said...

London looks awesome Linda and I am looking forward to seeing New York and The Mad Hatter!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the London finish and a great start on NY, the Statue is completely recognisable.
6000 stitches is only 60 days, less than 2 months at 100 a day! You can do it before your Birthday I am sure.

Brigitte said...

This is such a sweet little finish, Linda. And you will get New York done in no time.
So sorry to hear about your headache, but no wonder with these hot temperatures. Staying inside and having the A/C on is the best you can do. I do hope that it will cool down soon where you live.

Pull the other thread said...

Well done in your awesome finish! Love the New York start as well. Sorry to hear about the headache, hope you feel better soon.

Claudette497 said...

Sorry about your headaches; I hope they resolve sometime. It looks like the fires are going nuts in your neck of the woods. Your stitching looks cheerful!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I also used to suffer from chronic headaches, so you have my sympathy. Congrats on the finish and many more stitching hours ahead!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great progress! Urgh, I hope the heat wave passes. I hate it when it's hot! (And I live in Dubai. Can you imagine?)

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish on London and I hope your weather has cooled off a bit!