CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Crochet Madness and Finally Stitching

Hi Blogger Friends.  Did you miss me?  I have been crocheting like a mad woman for the last six weeks.  We have a very dead pine tree in the back yard.  If it falls it will land on our house or the neighbors.  We don't have the money to get it cut down so I have been crocheting afghans and trying to sell them.  I did these and they are in a store in town.  She just has them folded on a shelf so I will be very surprised if she sells any of them.




I did get orders from my neighbor and DH's co-workers for 6 baby blankets, a toddler blanket and an afghan.  I have made 3 baby blankets.  (Forgot to take a pic of one.)



Toddler blanket

I'm working on the afghan now.  It is the same pattern as the third picture.

Last month I joined a SAL group on Stitch Maynia FB group.  It is NaNoStitchMo.  You stitch somehow related to 50.  It could be 50 starts, 50 minutes or 50 stitches a day or 50 WIP's etc.
I have 66 Clouds Factory charts started so I decided to work on 50 different ones for the month.  Of course I'm behind as I only started stitching 3 days ago.  So now I'm playing ketchup. (lol)

UFO 1-2/50


UFO 3-4/50


I have decided its time to start selling my excessive charts and kits that I am never going to stitch.  I hope to start listing them on my stash for sale page in the next few weeks.  I will let you know when I do.  I have over a 1,000.

Thanks for stopping by.   Linda

13 comments:

Shelly said...

Nice to see you back. Wonderful afghans you made and it looks like you'll be busy making more! I've made decisions about my stash also and what will never get stitched. I sold a ton on Facebook and eBay in the last 3 months and felt so much better, a load taken off. I will look forward to what you put up to sell.

The Crafty Princess said...

You're afghans are lovely, I'm sure they will sell. I love Clouds factory charts and what a fun way to stitch them. Looking forward to seeing how you get on
xo Alicia

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on the afghans! I hope they do sell so you can get that tree cut down. That is scary having it lurking over you. Beautiful work on the stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh no stash sale!!!
Great idea to work on your Cloud's Factory pieces for this challenge.

Preeti said...

Lovely blankets, Linda! And the stitching pieces are cute. Hope you get good sales.
The challenge sounds interesting.

Brigitte said...

These blankets are all so lovely. I cannot imagine that they don't sell.
Such a great idea to stitch on 50 of your Clouds Factory designs this month. And you made a great start.

Anna van Schurman said...

I know that having afghans folded on a shelf does sound like they're destined not to sell, but I hope they do. They are realy lovely. Maybe some of your blog readers need an afghan? Good luck!

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness Linda, 1000 charts oh my I am sure I will find something I have to have.
Your UFOs are so sweet.
Your afghans are lovely.
So sorry to hear about your tree, I do not know if you have a Community Action in your area but if you do they may be able to help with taking down the tree.

Blessings
Catherine

Justine said...

Your blankets are gorgeous Linda, I'm sure they will sell. Over 1000 charts and kits...my goodness!
Good luck with your November stitchy challenge, it's nice to see these lovely designs again.

Carol said...

I sure hope your lovely blankets sell quickly, Linda. That tree sounds like a scary thought. What about selling some of your older charts through your blog? That might raise a bit of money, too! Best of luck to you!

Lisa said...

Great Crochet, I must get my crochet wips back out and try and at least finish one of them. And your cross stitching is super cute :-)

Faith... said...

Your crocheting is beautiful Linda! You might want to try listing them in your local FB Marketplace to see if you can get a few orders. With Christmas coming up it might be perfect timing. Good luck with your sales.

Good luck with your 50 new starts also! I hope you can make a lot of progress towards your goal.

Looking forward to seeing what you put up for sale!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mii Stitch said...

Congratulations on the crochet finishes. Fingers crossed they will all sell.