CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Starts 25 - 31

Hi Blogger Friends.  Thank you for all of the nice comments and well wishes.  Something sad happened yesterday and I have decided I'm done complaining.  A little history about me.

I have had cluster/stress headaches for the last 47 years.  My feet and legs started swelling over 20 years ago.  I had breast cancer and a mastectomy and the lymph nodes on my left side removed 22 years ago.   My arm is about 3 times bigger and probably weighs 5 pounds more than the right.  I am very fat and I still smoke.  I'm pretty much blind in my right eye from birth.  I have to wear glasses for stitching and reading and somedays it doesn't like to see very well.  My carotid artery was 99 percent blocked 4 years ago and it had to be roto rooted.  I'm 67 years old and the only thing that still works good is my heart.

Yesterday we had to have one of our beloved cats put to sleep.  She had a large tumor on the left side of her jaw that was cancer.  There was nothing they good do for her.  She was only 7 1/2.  Last year we had to have one of our dogs put to sleep.  He had liver cancer and they could not do anything for him either.  He was only 9 1/2 years old.


I realized after yesterday with Mocha that life is to short to moan and groan and feel sorry for myself.  At least I'm still alive.  I don't know how much longer I will be able to see to stitch.  That is why I start so many projects.  At least I can say I got to work on them a little. So, no more complaining.  Enough said.

Start 25

Start 26

Start 27

Start 28

Start 29

Start 30

Start 31 - This one is for the April challenge.  It is an alphabet chart (not Clouds Factory) stitched on one piece of fabric which I haven't even cut yet.  Each letter has a box around it.  I am hoping to get the boxes stitched by April.  I will start one letter a day (not counted as starts) in April.  If I get the letter done - yeah me.  If not, that's okay.

I haven't worked on my Ten-a-day projects since the second week.  You all know how stubborn I am and I will get caught up even if it takes me until December.  lol  I will be doing more starts this year.  But, only when I can't control myself.  In fact, I think I have found my new obsession designs for this year.  The Alice and Red Riding Hood bundles from MrsPeggottyArts on Etsy.  I'll see how long I can wait before I start one.

Thank you if you made it this far.  I hope to be back Sunday with at least one Ten-a-day project caught up.

Thanks for stopping by.    Linda

22 comments:

Tricia T said...

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. We had to put our dog down last year for the same reason. It hurts. 😞 (Hugs). I am trying to work on praising God more and complaining less as well. It is a good goal! Wonderful stitching!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. That is such sad news ;o(
And you are so right - life is too short to complain about it! Enjoy what you can while you can...
Love your new starts!
Hugs xx

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so very sorry about your cat, it's never easy to lose a part of your furry family.
Yes, think positive and I know I'm trying to be more thankful.
I love all your starts with Cloud Factory! I still can't decide on which one to chose to be my first.

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your cat's passing. And that you lost your dog last year as well. I still miss our dog that has been gone almost 3 years. Great starts and those patterns are so cool! You are the best enabler. :)

Jennifer M. said...

Life is too short. Do what makes you happy like stitching :)

I'm so sorry you lost another Furbaby.

Preeti said...

Sorry to hear about your cat.
Your starts are lovely. You are a blessing to all the designers whose charts you stitch. Another thing to feel happy about.

Brigitte said...

Just let me hug you a bit ((Linda)). And let me tell you how much I love your positive outlook.
But sorry to hear about your fur baby.
You have another batch of great stitching to show. I always love to see these little figures.

Justine said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet Linda, and all of your health issues. Your positive outlook is inspiring. More lovely new starts.

Mii Stitch said...

Sorry to read about the loss of your pet.
Do stay positive, as you said, Life is too short, so live it to the full doing what you love :)
More lovely starts!!

Vickie said...

Life sure is tough sometimes, isn't it Linda? I am sorry for the loss of your dear cat. HUGS to you. Hang in there my friend.

Sarah said...

So sorry about your cat, our fur babies are precious family members and losing them is never easy. I cried for days after my lizard died. I'd had him for ten years.

All your starts are adorable. I haven't done any of the little people charts. Thanks for visiting my blog again, I know I was absent most of last year.

Shelly said...

I feel for you, Linda! With a recent furbaby death and a few chronic health problems, sometimes it can get rough and I just have to get up and take care of today. So at the end of today, think of all you took care of i.e breathing!, stitching, and whatever else, you had a successful day! We all know how stitching helps so that's what we do and you do that very well, I might add! Take care!

Shelly said...

Sorry about your beloved cat. RIP

Beth in IL said...

Life is short. So sorry about your kitty. And thank you for reminding me to enjoy the life God has given me. Hope you have a great day!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Oh, Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about all of your troubles and the loss of your beloved cat. Animals are truly members of the family. {{{hugs}}}

Your many starts are truly inspirational, and I'm looking forward to seeing you finish all of them!

gominam said...

So sorry to hear about your cat. I just realized how courageous you are with all these things going on in your life. You are an inspiration in your stitching despite the poor eyesight. Cheering you on with your lovely starts. Take care always.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat and your health problems too. They probably all beget each other too, so it's not a simple case of curing one thing. Having said that, stop smoking! Spend the money on stash LOL
Looking forward to seeing the April post and trying to keep up with commenting.

blue star stitcher said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Mocha. Losing a pet is so hard, and so many people don't appreciate the impact an animal can have on your life.

Faith... said...

Linda I am so sorry to hear about your health problems. You have overcome so many things and you are right; life it short and that is why she should try to enjoy it to the fullest though at times it is pretty hard. I hope that you keep fighting and doing what you enjoy to make yourself happy.

So sad to hear about your fur babies too. I always feel so helpless when our's are sick and there is nothing we can do about it.

Heather said...

Great starts! I love your new philosophy on life :). I'm sorry about your kitty :(. Losing pets is so hard! If I were you I'd probably complain too!

linda said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty and all the problems you've been through and here's me complaining abut stupid Laryngitis! Love all your starts. :) xx

Kaisievic said...

You are one tough lady, Linda and I admire your positive attitude. So sorry to read about the passing of Mocha, so hard to lose a beloved pet. Love Kaye xxx