CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Linda's Turtle Trot SAL November Update

Hi Blogger Friends.  Well yippee!!!  I actually have been stitching on these for the last couple of weeks.  I'm proud to say that I made some decent progress on some of them.  You can read all about the Turtle Trot and see the other stitchers that are doing it at BAP Attack hosted by Claudette.

1.  Cat Lessons - Lizzie Kate - (Finish 18)

14ct Summer Khaki
Started 1-17-12
Finished 11-1-13





2.  The Old West - Little House Needleworks - started the border on the bottom







3.  Blue Bird Floral - Diane Arthurs - worked on the pink square



4.  6 Fat Men - Lizzie Kate - added the owl and more snow




5.  Fredericka - Carriage House Samplings - added a squirrel and another key



6.  Happy Camper - Diane Arthurs - did the sun, the rest of the trees and started the endless grass



7.  Summer Season - Sandra Cozzolino - really happy with how much I got done on this one since it was all starting and stopping - the vines are done as are the flowers on top and bottom




8.  Mermaid Myrna - Diane Arthurs - did more of her fin and started her hair (She has a whole lotta hair)




9.  Crabby All Year - Raise the Roof - I decided not to do this one anymore.  It's big and I don't want to buy all the buttons.  I cut out the part that was stitched and saved the rest of the fabric.

10.  January Sampler - Waxing Moon Designs - did a little bit on the house and the two green trees need white and another strand in the top banner




Yeah!!!  I have now finished 3 and tossed 2.  I am so looking forward to next years SAL and am having a hard time deciding which ones that I want to add in.  See, the more I finish the more new ones I can add in.

I would love to finish 3 or 4 more of these this year, but I know I am only dreaming.  I think I can finish one or maybe two.  How about voting for which one or two that I should try and finish this year.

Thanks for looking.  Linda     (you can click on the pics to enlarge)

24 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on ANOTHER finish! You're having a great stitching year for sure! You really got a lot done on all of them, especially Cat Lessons!

I vote for Summer Season to be the next finish. The colors are gorgeous!

Katie said...

Lots of great stitching! I vote for Happy Camper cause I love camping. I have it as well in my stash. It's so funny how much we have in common when it comes to our stitching.

Catherine said...

Congrats on the finish! All of your other stitches are coming along! I hope to finish Dog Lessons this week!!

sharine said...

They are all awesome. I will vote to see Mermaid Myrna finished:)

Margaret said...

Wow, fantastic! All are looking great! I vote for the January piece -- then you can display it when January rolls around.

Vicky L said...

You made wonderful progress. Congratulations on your finish! Its so adorable. I need to frame mine. I think you should finish Summer season. It's very colorful.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

A wonderful finish Linda and I love following the progress of the others.

Bianca said...

Great stitching, Linda! My vote is for Fredericka; it is such a lovely design.

Tricia T said...

Wonderful update! I vote for the January one, because you'd have it done just in time to display it!! :)

Tricia

EvalinaMaria said...

Well done Linda!

Anonymous said...

beautiful progress

Preeti said...

Hats off to you, Linda!! You always manage lot of stitching. Congratulations on the finish!! :) I love the Diane Arthur's projects you are working on and my vote goes to Mermaid. I guess once you are done with those hairs, then it's almost done. Also, I think you might complete summer season too...looks like that's almost done too.
Wish you good luck to complete as many as you want to:)

Justine said...

Wow Linda what amazing progress! I am always blown away by the number of projects you manage to keep making progress on every month. I vote for January as I love the blues in the border and I think the whole project is so atmospheric.

Annette-California said...

Congratualtions on your finish #18. Love all the great stitching & progress you've made. I vote for finishing "January" & "6 Snowmen" Lizzie Kate. That way you get to enjoy some Christmas stitching and get to admire January's sampler this January:) love Annette

Lesleyanne said...

A great finish. Lovely progress on your wips.

cucki said...

Beautiful progress xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on the lovely kitty finish!!! Great progress on the other wip :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on the finish! Great progress on all your other pieces too :D

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Way to go on a finish. great job of stitching. Love all of the other WIPs.

butterfly said...

Wow Linda , you are one fast stitcher, love all your work looks fab.

Carol said...

How cute is that Cat Lessons finish, Linda--beautiful stitching!! And all of your other WIPS are coming along so well... Hope your weekend is stitch-filled!

Kaisievic said...

Oh my Gosh, Linda! You are amazing - so much beautiful stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your before and after pics.

I vote for January for the same reason as the others - so you can display it in that month.

Tama said...

Congrats on your finish! It's splendid! The others are looking VERY nice, too!