CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

WIP's

Wishing everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Hi Blogger Friends.  I didn't seem to get to much done on my SAL pieces this week.  I did get quite a bit done on the January Sampler, one of my Turtle Trot pieces.

I backstitched the brush, shovel, pail and two stars on the cut-thru Stable.  I also finished stitching the dog house roof.  I think I'm going to start doing a couple strands of backstitch a week until I get it caught up.


Fall Welcome by Diane Arthurs - This is a Saturday SAL with Debbie and Kaye.  I finished the one color in her shirt, started her hat and did another strand in the border.

Santa's 12 Days of Christmas - Day 5 - Prairie Schooler - This is a Sunday SAL with Kaye and Debbie.  Santa has a head already.  For some reason I seem to stitch heads/faces towards the end.  I don't think I'll get this done next Sunday.  Looks like another 2 or 3 Sundays.


Debbie and I have decided to do the UCJC2014 again.  We will start a new project everyday in January.   I guess my 141 UFO's/WIP's aren't enough for me.  LOL  But ya know, its just so darn much fun to start new ones and I have been really good this year with my starts.
I'm also very excited about next years Turtle Trot SAL.  We are only going to work on 10 projects next year.  I decided that when I finish one I can add another one in.  And it won't be so stressful trying to work on 14.

I'll leave you with a picture of Mocha and Sparky.


Thanks for looking.   Linda 

23 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Great progress on all your SALs! Good idea to backstitch as you go on the Stable. Fall Welcome looks great with the border and your basket is almost filled in. Santa and the dog look so cute!

Great pic of your cats! They look so comfy!

Bianca said...

Great progress on all of your WIPs, Linda. It sounds like next year's stitching is going to be fun, fun, fun!

Catherine said...

Lovely stitchy progress! Your kitties look so comfy!

Margaret said...

Great progress on your projects! Love your kitties -- they're so cute!

Katie said...

Love the stable. It's really growing nicely. I don't blame you for doing the back stitching as you go. I always do too. I wouldn't want to go back and have to do all of it at the end.

You crazy girls doing the new starts. I'll enjoy watching! I'm going to join in on the Turtle Trot too. Debbie and you forced me too haha.

sharine said...

It is all looking so good. Great idea to backstitch as you go:)

Lynn said...

Mocha and sparky look so cuddly!!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching looks great, I need to do some work on my Stable.

Annette-California said...

Great stitching on all your projects. i am backstitching on Fairy Hill too right now. Oh guess what? I had ordered and received today in the mail "Haberdashers" Bothy Threads Cut Thru:) That will be my next project after I finish Fairy Hill! Happy Thanksgiving.
love Annette

Brigitte said...

As always it's great fun to see your WIPs and the progress you made on them.
Why not start the Crazy Challenge again. I will be doing it as well but as usual I'll have my personal challenge, lol.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great progress on your WIPs! Can't wait to see what projects you start in the new year :D

Angie said...

great progress.

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress!!! I really like that fall welcome design, it looks really pretty :)

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Your Stables is looking good, great progress. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

Dani - tkdchick said...

There is an awful lot of work invovled in those cut-thrus!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching and great photo of your furbabies.

cucki said...

Very pretty stitching..
Big hugs x

Lauren M said...

Happy Thanksgiving :) Great progress! Your cats are so cute!

Lillie said...

Wonderful progress.
Mocha and Sparky are so adorable.
Happy Thanksgiving

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Your pussy cats are gorgeous, your stitching is coming on great too - such neat and beautiful work.

k xx

Shebafudge said...

Lovely progress on your projects. Stable is looking great! I need to post my progress. (Yes I did work on it!)

Kaisievic said...

Linda, I think that you and I both suffer from startitis! Even as I am stitching a piece that I am really enjoying stitching I am itching to make a new start on something else! Love all of your progress and, of course, the pics of the kitty cats.
hugs, Kaye

Preeti said...

Great progress on your SALs!! I have not been crocheting or stitching since last one month but I have started planning on next turtle trot projects. Those will be new mostly. I need to create UFOs ....not as many as you LOL :)