So sorry for not posting: but I wanted to get America done to enter in the county fair. I DID it.
America - Land That We Love - Jean Farish 14 ct Natural Aida
If you look at a previous post there is a picture of the original design. I changed colors on some and also designed squares 1 and 6 in the first row and last row. I changed alot of the letters in the state names. I also backstitched around the letters. It was such a joy to stitch, I'm almost sorry that its done. Question?? I paid $120.00 to have this framed. Is that alot or about average? Please let me know.
Below are pictures of the other pieces that I entered in the fair.
Caught In The Act - Needle Treasures kit
Fishing Nostalgia - Bucilla kit
Real Men - Ursula Michael - The Cross Stitcher Magazine (sore subject)
Alpabet Blocks - Carriage House Sampling
Splish! Splash! - Janlynn kit
Sadly, I only got one afghan crocheted. This is a baby blanket.
On the bottom right is one I didn't get done.
I will go over to the fair on Monday for the judging and let you all know the results. I heard today, that we might not have a county fair next year because the funding was cancelled.
I swore last July and am doing alot of swearing now, that I wasn't going to wait until June to start croching afghans to enter in the fair. So, here is my rotation plan for the next year or forever LOL:
1. I joined a Lizzie Kate blog SAL on Mondays. I am going to start Christmas Rules.
2. I joined the LHN Cake SAL. I am going to start The Chocolate Shoppe.
3. I am going back to my one strand a day and one day a week. I am working on The Library by LHN.
4. One of my Crazy January Challenge starts.
5. One of my Up for a Challenge pieces.
6. I am going to crochet one square or row etc. a day and one day a week.
Okay, I thnik I have rambled on enough. Hope you all made it to the end. Comments are appreciated.